[ale] k7s5a motherboard

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 21 08:42:46 EDT 2002

I did get the k7s5a mb and it appears everything is supported.  I've got
sensors working, the intergrated nic and sound to some extent.  There's
actually a page on this particular board and linux someone put together.

Question though.  It appears my cpu is running hot.  Sensors say the max
is 45C and it's now at 44, it was at 46 yesterday and I shut the box
down.  I've got a heatsink/fan on the cpu as well as one fan in the
front of the box pulling air in and the ps fan pulling it out.  I added
another fan last night to pull air out the back, but I'm still running
on the edge of the limits.

The box did lock up the other day for no apparent reason.  I assume it
might be a heat issue.  Interestingly enough, it had been running for a
couple of days 24 hours with no problems, but the sides were not
assembled, which could have provided some heat relief.  I think I'll
pull the sides off again and see if the temp drops.

I do have one fan pulling air in and two pulling it out, so I guess I
could look at adding another to pull air in, although I'd have to either
modify the case or add one of those slot fans.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---