[ale] need your input on a project...

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Sat Oct 19 23:43:10 EDT 2002

Since you asked.... I'm a big fan of python in these cases. Specifically not Zope, however, which
defeats most of the reasons why I like python. A rather unique Open Source tool that I'm growing to
love more and more is called Quioxte ( http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/ )
because its focusing on a developer's perspective of web services and not the typical page-
oriented tool that mixes code and content. Its one of those rare (non-existent?) tools that helps web
development become an extendable and manageable project. It's pretty small and has a responsive
email list. It supports various cgi models and mod_python which help performance and management
of the deployment.

	good luck,

		Ben Scherrey

10/18/2002 3:01:32 PM, "John Wells" <jb at sourceillustrated.com> wrote:
<snip>
>My next thought was: Gee...wish Python web programming was really *There*.
> I looked at web programming in python briefly in the past, and it seems
>as if there was either A. cgi scripting,  or B. a number of server
>pages-like projects, but cgi is not the way I'd like to go for
>efficiency's sake, and the server page projects looked to be a little
>beta-ish and not what I need for a project of this magnitude.  Then
>there's Zope, which seems mature, but folks have mentioned problems with
>threading and the like.

---