[ale] video to animated gif

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 16 20:19:04 EDT 2002

Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
> Anyone know of a commandline program(s) to convert video files to animated
> gifs...  I am making an picture/video album to website.  I upload via cgi.  I
> have it creating thumbnails automatically for images.  I want to create
> animated gifs for thumbnails for videos...

You'll need some kind of capture device.  There was a package called
streamer that used to come with xawtv that would capture video to
multiple images.  From there you could use ImageMagick or GIMP to fold
them into your gif.

I've got xawtv installed on my box now, but streamer is not there.  If I
recall, it's in another package that is prefixed by xawtv.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---