[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation - WAY, WAY, WAY OT now!!!

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Jun 28 08:04:22 EDT 2002

A) There are already cures for those diseases (*1), and there have been
alternative, non-polluting energy source for as long as there have been cars
(*2).

> The kid who is _not_ educated today has a great chance
> of becoming the asshole who burglarizes your home, or
> shoots you for the $50 you just pulled from the ATM.

Lets see - I wonder where these 'assholes' are coming from now?  You guessed
it - *PUBLIC SCHOOLS*.

> I would gladly pay double my tax rate on my home to better
> fund the education system of Dekalb  county. I absolutely
> seethe at the discussions from people who want to cut
> taxes and in the next breath bitch and moan about "how
> hard it is to get good help these days".

Sorry, Jim, you are making the same mistake many other make.  Think about it.
If throwing money or raising taxes were the answer to the problem, everyone
would be Einsteins.  The simple fact is, the more government controls our
schools, the *worse* they have gotten.  And the more taxes are raised and
spent on schools, the *worse* they have gotten.  The *answer*, my friend, is
to go back to what works.  *Private*, *community* schools.

Home-schooled children *consistently* score higher on all of the government
tests, and consistently win national spelling bees, etc.  And I guarantee you,
a child who is home-schooled costs the mother/father paying for it *much* less
than they would if they had gone to the public fool system.

> I would gladly suffer a tripling of my property taxes
> if it was used to hire people who had a college degree
> in something other than education to replace those who
> took the easy route and majored in education.

Since I am in complete agreement with the supreme Court of the United States,
and believe that the taking from one to give to another is nonetheless
*theft*, regardless if it is called 'taxation', I cannot disagree with this
more.

The only people who should have to pay for schools/teachers should be the
people who use them.  Anything else is communistic in nature (one of the ten
planks of communism is *mandatory*, free, public education (controlled by the
government) for all children.  Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like what we have
now, with the exception that we still have private schools and are still
'allowed' to home-school our children, as if the government had the powe to
*deny* this Right.

> As I have had the distinct pleasure of teaching education
> majors who were working on a masters degree, I know now
> the decrepit state of affairs of the education system in
> this country.

I agree - but it is *because* of government controls and the 'publicly funded'
nature of them now.

> I would vigorously support a $1-$5 per ticket additional
> surcharge on sporting events tickets and movie tickets
> if the money was sent directly to the ticket purchasers
> school district of choice. Far too many kids (and parents)
> count on that athletic program or that beauty contest for
> their future.

I have no problem with this, because I can avoid the tax by doing something
more productive with my time.

> In this country, we pay the lowest percentage of our per
> capita income to taxes than any other industrialized country.

So?? Just because other peopl live as slaves in their countries, are you
saying that we should too??

> We have the worst rated K-12 school system of any industrialized
> country.

Yes - and we had the *best* schools before the federal government took them
over.  They started going downhill when they became publicly funded, but
really started free-falling in 1962(?) when the feds took them over.

<snip> lots of examples of why we should return to privately funded and
controlled (by the people actually using them) schools.

Charles

---