[ale] OT: Sun Treasoning

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Jun 28 06:50:36 EDT 2002

I don't think they are extreme at all.  I do, however, think you are blaming
the wrong entity.

All Sun is doing is using existing *statutes* in its own economic interest.

American workers cost more than foreigners.  Foreigners are willing to work
for less - much less, in some cases - than most Americans.

The problem is this whole concept of 'free trade' that is completely warped.
Free trade between countries can only exist where the people in those
countries are free *and* whose economic conditions are similar to each other.

What we are witnessing, as a result of NAFTA and GATT, is a modern form of
*slavery*.  The more blatant is when an American (or multinational - are there
any more purely American companies any more?) company that has traditionally
had all or most of its offices in America moves those factories offshore, it
is doing the opposite of what the slave traders did in early American times -
it is moving the jobs to where the slaves are.  the less obvious is what you
are complaining about - bringing in people who are willing to work for much
less, and replacing people who are used to a higher standard of living.

The net result of NAFTA and GATT will be what government always results in - a
*reduced* standard of living down to the lowest common denominator - that of a
third world country.  And if you don't believe it, compare lifestyles/cost of
living to thos that existed 50 years ago (a man could *comfortably* support a
wife and 4 or 5 children on his salary alone).  And with the conditions of the
stock market and the economy today, anyone wanna wager that things will get
any *better*?

Charles

---