[ale] Unix Cert

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Mon Jun 17 19:05:42 EDT 2002

I was going to say, people with YEARS and YEARS of experience are having
a difficult time of finding a job, especially in Atlanta.  Better go
Government or Gov't contractor if you don't want to be only just barely
better off than flipping burgers - and from what I hear, McDonald's
seems to have better benefits than many IT employers...

- Jeff

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 16:51, Greg wrote:
>     Hello, Thomas:
>
>     I have just finished my last course and am ready to take it's final
> (to-nite) and the course final in a few weeks.  As for the job market, well,
> it is bad .... real bad ... and someone w/ no experience would have to work
> hard, as I am guessing you would be competing against experienced Sys Admins
> who are desperate for a job (see the archives on this list).  Of course, you
> could work for lower than slave wages to get your foot in the door (if you
> could find such a position).
>
>     However, it is a good start, but you really need to get a *nix system
> and practice on a daily basis the stuff, as the courses don't cover
> everything (but that's just due to the massive amount of stuff that is out
> there).  The courses are good and the teachers are also,as well as the
> director, Matthew Shaul.  If you can get a co. to pay, then I would, as they
> are not cheap.
>
>     Good Luck,
>
>     Greg Canter

---