[ale] ext2/3 trouble

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 18:57:37 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

I just built ext3 support into my (stock 2.4.18) kernel,
upgraded e2fsprogs to 1.27, and now I cannot create
any extN filesystems for any value of N! mke2fs says,
"File size limit exceeded", after telling me where
it's going to put the superblock backups.

I've been googling around for this, and have found
many complaints, but no solutions yet. Any advice
is appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Joe
   "Thanks to Microsoft, I am now blind in both eyes. They have
    rolled back in my head so many times this week that they
    are apparently stuck there now."
      - Jonathan Rickman, regarding M$ anti-open-source PR.

---