[ale] OT: MP3 player

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Jun 12 13:39:52 EDT 2002

I thought of that but I had it a good 6-9 months.  I dropped it after a
week (I was cussing for 2hrs til I could get a replacement battery).  It
3 weeks later the battery happened and it got just enough acid on it to
put 2 spots on the door, that's it.  Don't tell me a acid mark on the
battery door from 7 months prior killed it.

Yeah, I'm tough on hardware though.  I just found out Creative makes a
nomad jukebox but the sucker is huge.  Hard to strap to a motorcycle
handlebar ... :>

On the other hand when I say something is rugged, my friends know it's
true :>

Thus spake Tyler Kiley (tyler at kianta.com):

> From: Tyler Kiley <tyler at kianta.com>
> To: "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net>,
>  Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
> Subject: Re: [ale] OT:  MP3 player
> Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:12:42 -0400
>
> > It started acting erratically and they scapegoated a battery that leaked
> > just enough to spot the inside battery cover.
>
> > (did you know a Nomad2 can take a dive off a motorcycle at 35MPH and still
> > run very well?)
>
> Am I the only one who sees a connection here? ;-)
>
> Tyler
>
> On Tuesday 11 June 2002 11:06 am, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > Ok,  I'm looking for a replacement MP3 player.  Had a Nomad2.  It
> > started acting erratically and they scapegoated a battery that leaked
> > just enough to spot the inside battery cover.
> >
> > At any rate, I'm looking for an alternative and replacement.  Ideally
> > something with a drive that's more than 512Meg of ram.  It needs to be
> > small as I listen to it on the motorcycle as well as at the gym.  Being
> > me, it needs to be durable (did you know a Nomad2 can take a dive off a
> > motorcycle at 35MPH and still run very well?)
> >
> > Thoughts, suggestions, etc?
> >    (To the Flamers: I'm looking for experienced users, not marketing fluff
> > or I'd just go read ads at BestBuy)
> >
> > :wq!

> > Robert L. Harris                |  Micros~1 :
> > Senior System Engineer          |    For when quality, reliability
> >   at RnD Consulting             |      and security just aren't
> >                                 \_       that important!
> > DISCLAIMER:
> >       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
> > FYI:
> >  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
> >

> > ---
> > be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!