[ale] X Windows large font exploit

Prasanna Subash subash at skyline.external.hp.com
Fri Jun 14 11:57:14 EDT 2002

I use Mdk 8.2, mozilla 0.9.8 and XFree 4.2.0. I dont seem to have the problem.
Dont know why.

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 17:33, Jim Philips wrote:
> The Register is publishing news of a DOS exploit of X Windows. If a Web
> site requires that X Windows use especially large fonts, Mozilla will bring
> the box to halt when it tries to load the fonts. The details are here:

> If you want to test the exploit, this site will bring your machine to a
> halt (use at your own risk!):
>
> http://www.adeliesolutions.com/Projects/
>
> ---
> be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

Prasanna Subash            |
Linux, the choice          | The party adjourned to a hot tub, yes.
of a GNU generation   -o)  | Fully clothed, I might add.   -- IBM
Kernel 2.5.18          /\  | employee, testifying in California State
on a i686             _\_v | Supreme Court