[ale] Please help: BellSouth ADSL hangs with sendmail and up2date

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Sun Jul 28 11:16:59 EDT 2002

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> There is no "flush" in the route command. It needs one. What netstat -rn
> shows is what is configured in /proc, not what is cached in the kernel
> route tables.

There used to be a flush in the route command...I've hosed enought systems remotely to remember it ;-)

"They" have just moved the functionallity to a different command with the advent of "Advanced Routing" in the guise of iproute2.

I haven't tried this in practice, but a command something like "ip -4 ro flush  scope global  type unicast"

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith

---