[ale] SuSE floppy weirdness

Cor van Dijk cor.angela at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 12 15:22:24 EDT 2002

Hi all,
I have a swappable harddrive device. I have installed SuSE 7.3 on one of
the drives that I want to swap.
Since I do not want to rewrite my bootsector every time I swap, I boot
the SuSE from a floppy. The bootfloppy
which SuSE made during the installation fails (hangs on boot with
something like "LIL-"). There is a backdoor to get into the system with
their standard bootfloppy, but one has to jump through some hoops.
Once I got in there, I made a new bootfloppy, but that one is no
different from their standard bootfloppy, ie
makes me go through the same hoops (such as having to load  their
"Modules" floppy and having to specify the root partition).
Any SuSE enthousiasts out there who could enlighten me?
Sorry to be on topic. Thanx in advance. Cor van Dijk.

---