[ale] Need help from cammand line and scripting gurus

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Wed Feb 27 09:04:18 EST 2002

Hi,

here is where I am stuck:
os - SunOS xxxx 5.8 Generic_108528-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
the task - I need to make sure that one process is alive and running. The
problem is that it is a java process and there are a lot of those running on
the box, so the only way to tell is to look at the start class which is
passed in as a param to java. ps display only 80 chars whic is not enough
"/bin/../java/bin/../jre/bin/../bin/sparc/native_threads/java
-Dbeanfactory.cfg="
how do I do it? This will be launched from a script periodicly to check and
restart the process. Only standart tools can be used... since I have no way
of getting anything installed on those production servers :(

thanks,
Tomas

---