[ale] using Time::localtime in perl

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Mon Feb 4 14:23:40 EST 2002

I meant fifth element not second.  That's what happens when you lose your
train of ...

uhhhhh what was I talking about.  Oh yeah 'The fifth element' is one of my
favorite movies.

---------------------------
Get inside Atlanta's Tech Scene - http://www.atlantageek.com
'Business Intelligence' is not an Oxymoron - http://www.intelliforge.com

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Tommie M. Jones wrote:

> > > why do $realaccess and $realcreate get values like
> > >
> > >  	Time::tm=ARRAY(0x81b1a78)?
>
> It's a reference to an array.
>
> According to 'perldoc Time::tm'
> --SNIP--
>        This module is used internally as a base class by
>        Time::localtime And Time::gmtime functions.  It creates a
>        Time::tm struct object which is addressable just like's
>        C's tm structure from time.h; namely with sec, min, hour,
>        mday, mon, year, wday, yday, and isdst.
>
>        This class is an internal interface only.
> --SNIP
> So if you want to access the second element you can go
> print $realaccess->[4];
>    or
> print @$realaccess[4];
>
> which if I am reading the documentation correctly
> should be the month.
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---