[ale] OT: H1B

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Dec 16 15:48:28 EST 2002

Zyman, Andy wrote:
> Geoffrey,
> This is different issue you are talking about. And here i agree with you.
> But just saying that  visa holders has certain _advantages_ over the
> citizens, excuse my French, is a pure BS.

I don't know if they do or not.  Bottom line for me is, I see too many
VERY GOOD technical U.S. Citizens out of work, and therefore think that
H1Bs should be stopped for until this problem is resolved.

> I'm not following the "medical visas" question. But i found it interesting
> how hospitals ( let say hospitals ) reacted on the proposal to allow more
> foreign nurses to enter and work in the country.

Again, if there are citizens who are capable of performing the function,
they should get the first shot.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...