[ale] Changing Sendmail's IP address

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Dec 12 15:25:47 EST 2002

I guess I'm just being a curmudgeon, but having AOL isolated from the
rest of the Internet seems to me to be a good thing. I already block AOL
email except for a tiny white list. I've been tempted to write special
web sites just for AOL browsers that have extra pop up adds.

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 15:08, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jonathan Chum wrote:
>
> > This new AOL policy is a good way to kill off competiting ISPs by blocking
> > email transmissions to their servers. I would they could just have filtered
> > the IP address for that one particular user who reported it.
>
> You said it.  With the latest klez virus which spoofs the sending
> address, soon AOL will only talk to AOL....
>
> I get at least 1 or 2 emails a day that claim to be something I sent and
> are bounced because the to: addr is invalid, the size of the file is too
> large, or it's to a subscribe only list.  Checking them out, they're all
> viri generated.  The interesting part is they all seem to have
> references to AOL in the headers...

 This is a digitally signed message part