[ale] Window manager "Lower" function

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Dec 9 15:43:38 EST 2002

On Monday 09 December 2002 03:37 pm, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Under the SGI IRIX window manager, when I right click on the border or
> title bar I get a list of possible commands for window management for
> that window such as Move, Size, Minimize, Maximize, and so on in a list
> with the hot keys listed next to them.  In the list is a "Lower" and
> "Raise" command matched to Alt+F3 and Alt+F1 respectively.  I don't have
> these functions under KDE.  Is this just a hot key definition under the
> KDE configuration I could play with or is this not available?  The
> "Lower" function is most useful to tell a window to drop to the bottom
> of the stack.  It still can have a portion visible which is usually the
> portion I want to still see.

Middle-click on the title bar does this for me, and I don't think I
customized it.  Middle click on any part of the window border works for
me, in fact.

I've also added that to the "windows start" key.  I've foudn those extra MS
keys very handy locations to bind "raise/lower", "maximize", and "maximize
vertically".

--Michael