[ale] EVMS + software RAID??

Trey Darley tdarley at aiscomputers.com
Thu Dec 5 20:20:58 EST 2002

Well, thanks!
I was mainly concerned with the question of whether there is any
greater virtue associated with doing evms (or lvm) before mirroring or
vice-versa.
Thanks for the feedback on EVMS.
As for the question of 2.5 direction, I guess I ought to get my act
together and find a rss feed for the changelogs. :-)
Re: the virtue of mirroring swap. I have followed some discussions on
this topic. The idea was put forward that if a disk failed (with
striped swap) Mr. Kernel might get pretty annoyed. On the other hand,
by mirroring swap you ought to be protected from a kernel fault in the
case of a disk failure. (Admittedly a inexcusably ram-starved box to be
swapping so.)

--Trey