[ale] USB device not accepting new address

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Dec 5 19:12:11 EST 2002

I seem to have similar problems, and they appear to be resolved by
unloading the usb modules, but if you aren't using modules, I'm not sure
how else you could do this.

As long as we're talking about usb, I have a question.  I've always
thought that it was necessary to have usbcore module and at least one of:

usb-ohci
usb-uhci
uhci

modules installed to access usb devices, but that is not the case with
my scanner (and likely other devices as well although I've not noticed).

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...