[ale] mount audio cd?

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 4 21:12:50 EST 2002

I've been looking through the manpages wondering whether it's
possible to "mount" an audio cd.  I haven't found a way or an
indication that there is a way.  The purpose would be to play an
audio cd from a remote CD tray.  Yes, I know you can rip the
tunes and export the mp3s via nfs, but if you don't have the
space or don't have the time or don't have the processing
power...or if you just want to listen to the darned thing without
messing with mp3s, how could you do it?  This would be done from
a machine whose cdrom was already in use for something else.

Any ideas?

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net