[ale] rpm dependency...but the files right there, damn it...

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Dec 4 20:36:46 EST 2002

do a 'rpm -q /usr/lib/libdb.so.3 --whatprovides' to find the package
that it is from. It might not be an installed package, but a tarball
compilation. If it shows up as being installed, run 'rpm -V package'. If
that is OK, 'rpm --rebuilddb'.

You can also do a 'rpm -qpR filename.rpm' to find out what it requires
for installation.