[ale] recruiter salary questions

Bigg Head b1gh34d at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 22:19:10 EST 2002

thanks for all the good info/opinions.

actually, i didn't lie on my resume at all...only in
vocal convos with the recruiter, which were then
passed on to the employer.  i didn't really intend to
lie about a job i was interested in.  it was a bad
day, they were telling me about this position, and the
question was thrown out.  for the hell of it, I bumped
my salary 5k.  imagine my surprise when i was called
for an interview, found i'm interested inthe job, and
then offered the job. wow.

i do regret the situation and would change it if i
could, but meant no harm up front and don't really
think i'd feel guilty at all from working there. the
salary theyve offered is what it would take to get me
there anyway (its in alabama), and it is the salary i
would be making if there were no promotion freeze in
place at my current place of bidness.

as someone mentioned, i often get the feeling that
companies and recruiters aren't always completely
honest with candidates, as well.

i know, i'm rationilizing.  but, i want the job and am
worried that fessing up now will terminate the offer.
i'd just hate for the issue to come up later.  that's
what i'm REALLY worried about.

thx,
Bigg

--- Christopher Bergeron <christopher at bergeron.com>