[ale] wierd compilation error

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Dec 2 22:12:59 EST 2002

I tried to compile memtest the other day and received an unusual error.
  I figured something was not configured properly.  I downloaded the
latest version compiled it on another machine fine.

Decided I wanted to compile the new stuff on the original machine, and
received the same error.

So, anyone else having wierd problems with compiles with gcc 3.2?

Here's the error:

gcc -E -traditional head.S -o head.s
as -o head.o head.s
gcc -c -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing reloc.c
gcc -c -Wall -march=i486 -O -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-builtin -fPIC main.c
gcc -c -Wall -march=i486 -O -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-builtin test.c
test.c:12: conflicting types for `v'
test.h:280: previous declaration of `v'
make: *** [test.o] Error 1

Just recompiled it again on the old machine, and worked fine.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net