[ale] gentoo term question

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 29 14:44:55 EDT 2002

Geoffrey wrote:

> Okay, I installed my favorite editor vi on my gentoo box, yet it leaves
> me in 'open mode' as in one line at a time.  So I start looking around
> and I don't have a termcap file.  I'd a thought that would have been
> standard with the install.
>
> So, any clue as to where I get a termcap file from?

I just saw a message go by on the kernelnewbies list to
the effect of, "nothing uses termcap anymore, you need
to install and/or update terminfo instead."

-- Joe
  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me

---