[ale] gentoo

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Aug 28 10:27:48 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 09:47, Geoffrey wrote:
> Well, I'm still having problems with my kernel build on my gentoo box,
> so I've opted to get the vanilla-sources kernel and give it a spin.
>
> Previously I'd tried the gnetoo-sources kernel.
>
> What kernels did others choose?

I decided to go whole hog.  I did a stage 1 install, and I used
gentoo-sources.  They've got a bunch of neat things in there.  I
especially like the security enhancements in their kernel.

I've had no problems compiling anything so far.  Every once in a while I
see something that looks like an error message fly past, but it has
never stopped the build.  I think they must be things like a mkdir
"failing" in a makefile because the dir already exists.

It's making mozilla while I am at work.  Tomorrow, KDE!

Michael

---