[ale] gentoo

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Wed Aug 28 10:18:43 EDT 2002

I don't use Gentoo, as I'm an avid Slackware user. However, on every Linux
system on which I've ever had to recompile, I usually just grab the latest
tarball off a kernel.org mirror and use that.

Remember to make yourself a Linux.old entry in lilo.conf (or your
respective bootloader) in case something chokes. :)

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Thus Spake Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:47:13 -0400

> Well, I'm still having problems with my kernel build on my gentoo box,
> so I've opted to get the vanilla-sources kernel and give it a spin.
>
> Previously I'd tried the gnetoo-sources kernel.
>
> What kernels did others choose?

> I didn't have to buy my radio from a specific company to listen
> to FM, why doesn't that apply to the Internet (anymore...)?
>

> ---
> should be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---