[ale] Favorite distros

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 26 15:41:43 EDT 2002

Charles Marcus wrote:

[scissors of brevity]

> There is only one thing better than Gentoos Packagae Management system
> (imho):
>
> The fact that Gentoo is so yong, and it is only gonna get better!
>
> Can't wait for the full reverse-dependancy checking (uninstall something, it
> uninstalls all packages that it is dependant on that are not also
> dependancies for other programs)!

Why the qualifier? Surely it should recursively remove
everything directly or indirectly dependent on the package
in question?

-- Joe
  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me

---