[ale] [OT] Scanner parts.

Steve Long stl2 at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 26 14:53:58 EDT 2002

More than likely, it is not the bulb itself but the power supply for it.

I have one of these fine machines with the same problem.

It may just require a florescent display power supply.

The same thing that the PC modders use for the fancy lights.

There are a lot of suppliers who supply this kind of thing and even the bulb
if need be.

It may not be the UMAX part number but it may be the only thing available.

Still, I would like to know where I can get an exact replacement for my
scanner.

The scanner was given to me and if I can get a part for $30-$50 then I will
have a $600 scanner for just that.

Let me know what you find.