[ale] Best Desktop Env or Distro for Windows users?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 21 15:40:33 EDT 2002

From: tfreeman at intel.digichem.net <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>
To: ale at ale.org

>My point is, users/employees/people who think they
>are being used and/or abused frequently will rebel.

People aren't as bad as you make them out to be.  I went through a
similar process a few years ago.  There I was, sitting at my desk with
my nice shiny Sun Workstation.  There I was, in a Unix development shop.
  Then they dropped the bomb on us.  They would replace our Sun boxes
with Windows 95 PCs.

Now there were a lot of unhappy folks, not to mention the fact that as a
UNIX software development group, we were technical enough to see that
this REALLY was stupid.

The bottom line is, we griped about it, went the proper protocol.  When
that didn't do any good, we continued to gripe at each other as well as
the Windows 'gurus' who were supporting these pathetic excuses for paper
weights.

The bottom line is, yeah, there were a lot of unhappy people.  Yeah, we
lost productivity.  But, we still did our job and we still got it done.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---