[ale] (OT - Way OT) Pre-emptive baseball strike

Christopher Ness mness215 at attbi.com
Mon Aug 19 12:53:24 EDT 2002

On Sunday 18 August 2002 19:55, Kilroy, Chris wrote:
> I'm not at all happy about this potential strike; however, the original
> post oversimplifies the situation dramatically.  To place the blame
> at any rate, i'm a big baseball fan who may have finally had enough.
>
> -chris

I didn't read that as placing the blame entirely on the players. The owners
use the confusion to take more than a little piece of the pie.  But not all
owners or cities are created equal. And maintaining fan interest requires
some suspense and some hope. Some of the major league teams could become
indistinguishable from farm teams. Instead of "expansion teams" we could have
more contraction than we are about to have.
_I_ blame it on us for paying the prices they ask. But I pay for it in ways
that I don't even know for the advertising on TV and Radio.
Personally I would rather watch the bast that ALE could put up against the
best that the PC Users Group put up. (might be better against a Window$ users
group)

---