[ale] [somewhat OT] Fat thin client

Greg runman at telocity.com
Sun Aug 11 14:17:30 EDT 2002

You can get used nics for $5.00 in the bargain bin at Microseconds on
Roswell, just outside the Perimeter.  Get 2 and a crossover cable and voilà,
instant network.  They also have handfuls of memory ( I got several megs for
free one day) for I think about $1.00 per stick.  500 MB hard drives were
also in said $5.00 bargain bin.  There are also several other places on
Jimmy Carter & here in Marietta that sell stuff for bargain basement prices.

I don't know of any system that can fit on a 200 mb disk (Windows 3.1 ?),
Unless of course you put a system on a CD and boot from it.  That might
work.

Of course if you are not in Atlanta, just disregard the references to
Microseconds et al.

Hope this helps,

Greg Canter

---