[ale] Paranoia (was Re: [ale] OT: pc cameras and linux)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Aug 16 10:00:31 EDT 2002

John Wells wrote:
> Pete,
>
> You're on to me.  I have been evaluating various Ferris Bueller-like
> setups for just this purpose ;-)

On the other side of the issue, just be sure you turn the cam off when
you're on your time, and/or you've decided to work in your jammies or
undies. ;)

My work clothing is decidedly different since working VO, then what I
would wear into a work facility.  Then again, who's to know I've got a
skirt on, when the cam shows mid chest and up. ;)

Seriously, I'm working on getting a video conf. setup working.  I've
already made one trip to Alpharetta to attend a vid. conf. via
facilities there.  A workable vid conf. setup on a linux box could well
be a step in the right direction with Linux at the AT&T corporate level,
not to mention eliminating that trip to Alpharetta.

Anyone done any multicast stuff???

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---