[ale] Stupid M$ windows crappy software %#$^*(

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Aug 14 15:31:00 EDT 2002

Most bulk windows installs would be ghosted. I did a 24 machine RedHat
install using an NFS mounted source and a boot floppy with kickstart. On
a 100BaseT network loading a basic workstation (with IP address
modifications) it took 3.5 hours for all 24 machines. When we ghosted
those same boxes on the same network, it ran for over 24 hours. And we
STILL had to individually configure network and host names.