[ale] Q3 on Linux

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Aug 14 15:24:45 EDT 2002

>>>>> "cfowler" == cfowler  <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    cfowler> Well I tried to load Q3 on my Laptop with an S3 Twister
    cfowler> 16mb card.  Very slow. when playing and bad graphics.
    cfowler> Any secrets?

        Make sure your card does direct rendering and it's supported
by XFree86.  Run `glxinfo' and make sure it says `direct rendering:
yes' near the top.  Otherwise you're pretty much doomed performance
wise.  My vaio's chipset (a newer ATI Rage Mobility chip) doesn't work
with DRI yet either (of course being a 1.2G Athlon raw CPU power can
make up for some of that :).

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=
770 294-0820 (m)      |                                               U

---