[ale] Gentoo and 802.11b

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 9 13:08:21 EDT 2002

Danny Cox wrote:

> Joe,
>
> On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 12:21, Joseph A Knapka wrote:
> > Anyone know how to
> > set the ESSID for the orinoco driver?
>
>         See the wireless_tools package.  iwconfig from that can set it,
> according to it's man page.  Find it on freshmeat.net.

Thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately, I am limited to
what exists on the Gentoo boot image, unless I want
to rebuild said image, which I don't. Fortunately,
iwconfig is included in the Gentoo image. Unfortunately,
it doesn't seem to actually work with my card. Drat.
Looks like I'll have to go back to the 10bT card for
the install.

-- Joe

---