[ale] router not on the network?

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jan 30 16:42:12 EST 2001

route add default gw x.y.z.t

I think M$Wonders networking will do some probing if the "normal" IP
calulations don't work right. It's often used on dhcp networks. Some ISP's
use more than one network, but only one gateway. A netmask of
255.255.252.0 would cross normal network calculation boundaries. But a
non-broken dhcp client should request the gateway.

JimK
Local Net Solutions