[ale] Call for Demo volunteers

Piotr J. Misztal misztal at cs.uga.edu
Thu Jan 25 22:51:15 EST 2001

As you know, the next Athens Linux Fest is going to be held on Saturday,
February 24.  This year, I'm helping to coordinate the demo portion
of the event, and we need lots of volunteers to do the demos.

We need volunteers to help demonstrate various products, projects and uses of linux. To help out with this you do not need to be a guru, or be working on your own project. All you have to do is be enthusiastic about linux and be willing to help demonstrate a product, project or a use of linux. Past demos have included games under linux, video4linux, beowolf and mp3s under linux. If you do not have a demo in mind, we can help you find one.

If you'd like to help this year, PLEASE take a moment to register
at: http://www.athenslinuxfest.org/

Just select the "I want to do a demo" radio button on
the registration form.  Also, take a moment to let us know in the comment
area about any specific Linux skills  or demo ideas that you have.  This
will help us plan out a good variety of demos as well as making sure we
are prepared for you.

If you'd prefer not to demo various uses of Linux, but would like to
volunteer to help out in some other way, you can also select several
other volunteer options on the registration form.

If you'd like to help, but have already registered without indicating such,
just send me an e-mail.

Thanks!

Piotr

PS. Email me personally if you have any questions about this. Also,
this email is based on a call for install volunteers email written
by Glenn Leavell.

--
Piotr Misztal
CS System Support Group, UGA