[ale] Win2K through linux firewall to netopia vpn

Gary MacKay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Mon Jan 22 18:08:31 EST 2001

Question:
Is there a way to configure my linux/ipchains firewall so that I can VPN in
from my Win2K pro box?

Explanation:
I have a client that was using a linux box/ipchains as their dial-up
internet connection/firewall. They have just switched to a wire-less
internet connection and the ISP removed the linux box and installed a
Netopia router/firewall box. There is a vpn running on it and I was able to
reconfigure the remote laptops to connect via the Win98 vpn stuff. All is
well there. My problem is I can no longer get in to maintain the network.
(I used to ssh in).

- Gary