[ale] iptables no flush

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Feb 22 15:42:52 EST 2001

This is interesting, in a disturbing way.

While testing a mess of firewall rules, I inserting some logging calls so
I could track progress. After I finished, I deleted the logging rules, and
flushed the whole mess (iptables -F) and all user tables (iptables -X).

But the logging rules are still active. Makes me worry about the rest of
my rules overlapping. I can't reboot since I have a long job running.