[ale] Perl guide

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at Ptek.com
Wed Feb 21 10:07:55 EST 2001

one colleague at work thinks 'learning perl for win32' or 'perl for win32'
is much better starter book. Kudzu (chamblee plaza?)  has it at 5 or 6
bucks. more to-the-point examples, coverage of perl terms/defs.

I myself started with 'man perl' with perl4, 'man  perlfunc
| perlop | perldata | perlre' with perl5. If you are familiar with C-like
languages, it is easy to grasp the spirit of it. several C programmer at
work reported so.

I guess that all depends on where you were from :-)

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, James Kinney wrote:

#www.perl.org is the main perl site. There is documentation there.
#
#However, the best starting book is the "camel" book, "Learning Perl".
#
#James P. Kinney III   \Changing the mobile computing world/
#President and COO      \          one Linux user         /
#Local Net Solutions,LLC \           at a time.          /
#770-493-8244             \.___________________________./
#
#On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Chris Fowler wrote:
#
#> Does anyone know of a good online document that can get me started with
#> Perl?  Kudzu has a TY Perl in 21 days book, but I would like to start now
#> without riding to the store.
#>
#> Thanks,
#> Chris
#>
#
#--
#To unsubscribe: mail majordomo at ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.
#

Jerry Z. Yu				mailto: z.yu at ptek.com
Systems Engineer			https://punch
PTEK Holdings, Inc.			+1-404-262-8544 (O)