[ale] Baaad POP problems (OT)

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Feb 16 08:48:26 EST 2001

"Joseph A. Knapka" wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> For the past couple of days I have been unable to get email
> from one of my email accounts via POP. Every client I've
> tried (Netscape on Linux, Netscape on NT, Fetchmail on
> Linux, and (had to wash hands several times after) Outlook
> Express) hangs indefinitely while fetching the first message.
> Has anyone had troubles like this before? Any ideas? FWIW,
> the server is MS Exchange on NT.

You might want to check with the Exchange admin to make sure they didn't
(inadvertently) turn off POP support.  If they've recently upgraded
Exchange, they will have to explicitly turn it on (as I understand).

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein