[ale] Summary.net

djinn djinn at djinnspace.com
Wed Feb 14 14:35:02 EST 2001

Hey all

This is sorta OT but since it runs on Linux maybe not....
Have any of you out there had any experience running Summary.net's
apache log analyzer product?
We're playing with it here, for a site that gets around about 1/2 a
million visits a month (that's somewhere around 2 million actual hits)
so the log files are sorta big...
It parses the logs amazingly quickly and has been working quite well for
two days.  UNTIL...it just put a stranglehold on the web server,
thrashed about, and didn't leave logs of its evil deeds *anywhere* that
I can find.

So I like the product but I'm worried that it's gonna do this again (in
other words, I'm worried that it didn't die b/c of misconfiguration but
because it's buggy).  If anyone has any firsthand knowledge of this
product, advice would be appreciated.

Thanks as always
jenn