[ale] Restarting if bind dies

pwd at mdtsoft.com pwd at mdtsoft.com
Mon Feb 12 12:47:15 EST 2001

I use a package call checkservices (see rpmfind or freshmeat)
which will check on a number of services (on a number of servers) and
will run a script to re-start in which I do:

/etc/rc.d/init/SERVICE stop
/etc/rc.d/init/SERVICE start
sleep 5
/etc/rc.d/init/SERVICE stop
/etc/rc.d/init/SERVICE start

The second stop and start after 5 seconds will give a OK for both
the stop and start if all is well.

checkservices will e-mail you (I send to my cell phone as well) when
it has to re-start a service.

--
Philip W. Dalrymple III <pwd at mdtsoft.com>
MDT Software - The Change Management Company