[ale] Is it a firewall

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Mon Feb 12 12:19:04 EST 2001

Hi there,

	Check this out. I have a customer, can ftp no problem things are
fine, then all of the sudden blam! He can not... Now I did lots of hunting
and finally from the results of a trace he performed to us. I found A
linux box, hop number two from him. I checked it out. It hass all the
classic signs of being configured by an Luser, telnet wu-ftp... all up and
running. It would be on thing if this was a shell server or somehting but
it's not. It appears to be a firewall. Is there a way I can verify this
with out being to intrusive? I mean the dns doesn;t even work for this
box.

As always, thanks
Ken

--
I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by 4 o'clock.
                -- Henny Youngman