[ale] New to the game

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 24 11:59:53 EST 2001

Pilar Losada wrote:

> I give it a shot and let you know what happens. Since the modem is on com4,
> ( internal) I will start with ttyS04 and work my way backwards

Note that devices are (almost?) universally numbered from
0 in Linux, so COM1 under DOS/Win is /dev/ttyS0, COM2 is /dev/ttyS1...
thus COM4 is /dev/ttyS3.

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"

---