[ale] Gateway / Routing Problem

Kevin Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 21:37:49 EST 2001

Ken,

    To answer your questions...

     What does `less /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward` tell you?

A:    There is a '0', that is zero, at the top of the shell display with (~)
for the rest of the display only on the left hand side.

     What is the output of `iptables -t nat --list -n`

A:    The result of that command = bash: iptables: command not found

   What does route -n say?

A:    The result of this command =

Destination    GateWay    Genmask            Flags    Metric      Ref    Use
Iface
192.168.10.0   0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0   U           0               0
0        eth0
127.0.0.0         0.0.0.0        255.0.0.0            U           0
0        0        lo

I issued all these commands as root on my system.

Kevin O'Neill Stoll
http://kevinstoll.org/
(770) 569-7251