[ale] throughput

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 13:27:35 EST 2001

As indicated by my recent postings, I'm building a DSL
router on a laptop and getting ready to purchase a
second pcmcia nic.

All machines on my network (and switches) are 10/100
capable.  I already have one 10-base-T card handling
input from DSL.  Since the input from Bellsouth's ADSL
is only 10-base-T, is there any reason that the card
that connects to my internal lan be a 10/100?  I'm
assuming not, but want to make sure I'm not
overlooking some benefits.

Thanks,
John