[ale] erratic XMMS performance..........

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Tue Dec 11 10:06:38 EST 2001

Hmm,

I would certianly try it with a local mp3 first, lets make a conclusive
decision about it before we start debugging. Also, is it a sound card or a
XMMS problem? Can you play an audio CD or a .wav file? What happens?

Thanks
Ken

> Greetings !
>
> Just got XMMS going on Debian-2.4.6 with an SBLive! card and went to
> MP3.com to try it out and experience a wavering sound even when the
> buffer is not empty.
>
> Is this the nature of MP3.com or is it necessary to always download a
> file to get a smooth rendering ?
>
> If no, how DO I get a non-wavering play ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Courtney
>
> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list. See
> http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info. Problems should
> be  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.

---