[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Dec 10 17:31:10 EST 2001

Paul Kinsley wrote:

> Since Windows machines like to fight with me I name them accordingly:
>
> skirmish
> strife
> havoc
> mayhem

Similar here: lousyos, wasteospace....

> Some unix names I've seen:
>
> Quake villians:  shambler, fiend, ..

Linux names vary,
denali - cause I planned to climb it one day,
tachyon - cause it was the fastest machine I had at the time
a - firewall machine cause I was in a hurry
b - second firewall machine cause I was still in a hurry
duck - a web server cause it's webbed...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html

---