[ale] 2 Ale'r's slashdotted in one day...

Chris Woodruff cwoodruff at openpenguin.com
Sat Dec 8 11:03:54 EST 2001

I have to agree with all so far concerning most of the people who run
/.  They have egos twice the size of the beanbags that they sit in
during the shows.  I remember Malda promising to help EFF during the
benefit dinner at the last true ALS (A = Atlanta) and nothing became of
it.  Well let Malda sit around Holland, MI (actually the most boring
place on earth) and live in his imaginary world.  /. has become stale
anyway.

Who actually knows the criteria of the stories that are posted on /.?
Seems like it all is game consoles, anime and anything anti-M$.

Chris Woodruff

On Sat, 2001-12-08 at 10:39, Vernard Martin wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 23:40, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> > I think that's worth celebrating!  Looks like Hirsch and I both got the
> > treatment from the /. crowd today (Friday).  Hell, between the dashpc and
> > Zapstation maybe the ATL can become a respectable linux "community".
>
> Don't hold your breath. When the Annual Linux Showcase was being held in
> Atlanta, we couldn't pay Slashdot to mention us on their board. We were
> the only linux community run show in the continental US and got bubkus.
>
> They gave us the excuse that if they announced our show then they would
> have to start announcing everybody's conferences and forwarded us to
> NewsForge.
>
> Nevermind the fact that they announced LinuxWorld and the Ottawa Linux
> Symposium each time they came around. I'm sure they had really good
> reasons for that. Like that legendary journalistic integrity everybody
> attributes to them.
>
> But I'm not bitter :)

> Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)
> http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
>         "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. But Glory. Glory lasts forever."
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---