[ale] Epson GT-10000+ Network Scanner

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Wed Dec 5 09:17:04 EST 2001

Luis / ALErs -

According to Karl Kremer
<http://www.freecolormanagement.com/sane/supported.html> the GT-10000 is
supported by SANE, and thus can be shared on a net (with 'saned') through
a Linux box.

That referenced page claims a more up-to-date list of SANE EPSON backends
than the baseline SANE listing.

I don't know if the GT-10000+ is a different beast, but this ought to be
worth a look.

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Luis Luna wrote:

> Anybody have a way to set up an Epson GT-10000+ scanner on a linux box, with
> the ability to share the scanner over the network? I reached google, epson,
> etc.. I found sane and xsane, even some help on the UK version of the Epson
> website. No luck on the sharing of the scanner over the network.
> Any ideas? It is a scsi scanner.

Regards -
 John Mills

---